How to Position Clip Art For Creating An Invitation
How to position clip art and images on an 8 X 5 piece of paper to create an invitation or greeting card.
Create a template to help position clip art and images on an 8 X 5 piece of paper in order to create invitations and greeting cards.
1. Use an 8 X 5 sheet of typing paper to create a template for printing clip art and images.
2. Fold the typing paper in half from top to bottom.
3. Hold the paper so that the folded crease is at the top.
4. Fold the paper again from the left to the right.
5. Ensure that the paper is creased on the top and on the left hand side so that the paper can be opened (like a book) from the right to the left.
6. Use a red marker, a pencil, or a pen to place a large X on the first page of your folded paper template.
7. Print "TOP" on the upper creased fold on this first page of your folded paper template.
8. Now open your invitation or greeting card template to the 2nd page.
9. Use a pen, marker, or pencil to print "Inner Page" and to print "TOP" near the top of the creased paper.
Using the Template to Print Your Clip Art and Images.
1. Unfold the template to the full 8 X 5 size and use this template to print your clip art and images in the correct spaces to create your invitation or greeting card.
2. Center your front clip art image on the lower right hand portion of your paper and print.
3. Remove the paper from the printer and turn the page so that you are holding the paper so that the front image is upside down and at the upper left hand of the page.
4. Place the paper back in the printer in this position.
5. Center your 2nd page image (or text) on the lower right hand portion of your invitation or greeting card.
6. Print, remove the paper and fold your invitation or greeting card the same way you folded your template.
Simple and Easy Clip Art Tutorials
Create your own bullets, dividers, simple flowers, smilies, houses and trees, palm trees and pine trees, city scenes, simple logos, invitations, and more.
All clip art, photo objects, and backgrounds in these collections of clip art created by Bobbie Peachey. All photo clips and photographs taken by Bobbie Peachey unless otherwise referenced.
© Bobbie Peachey. All rights reserved.