Breakfast literally means ‘breaking the fast’ after a good night’s sleep. Most people do not eat for up to 12 hours between the time of their evening meal and breakfast on the following day. The first meal of the day is the most important because it supplies the body and brain with the necessary nutrients after a night’s sleep.
A Few Breakfast Facts
- People who eat breakfast consume more essential nutrients which are necessary for a healthy body and lifestyle.
- People who eat breakfast tend to be slimmer than those who skip breakfast.
- Eating breakfast contributes to cognitive performance - it improves concentration.
- What you choose to eat at breakfast can affect your mood, physical and mental performance, weight and your general and long-term health.
- Cereal was invented when colonial housewives started serving up popcorn with sugar and cream for breakfast.
- Breakfast cereal is the third most popular item sold in grocery stores after carbonated beverages and milk.
- A staggering 128 billion bowls of Kellogg's Corn Flakes are eaten worldwide every year in countries as far a field as Guatemala, India, Japan and Argentina. One bushel of wheat will make 53 boxes of cereal.
On the following pages you will find a different image on each page. Here is a list of what to find on each of the pages.
Page 1 - A Chocolate Covered Doughnut
Page 2 - A Carton of Milk
Page 3 - A Plate of Doughnuts
Page 4 - A Ripe Melon
Page 5 - A Tray of Danish
Page 6 - Alphabet Cereal
Page 7 - Cheerios
Page 8 - Glass of Orange Juice
Page 9 - Pancakes and Sausage
Page 10 - Pancakes and Syrup
Page 11 - Sausage and Eggs
Page 12 - Strawberry Jam and Toast
Page 13 - Toast and Coffee