Veterans pass out poppies every Veterans Day. This printable will help introduce to children the importance of Veterans Day and how the poppy became a symbol of this important day.
- Sheets of the printable poppies, printed and dry
- White Glue
- Black Chenille Stems- cut in half
- Print out the sheet of poppies. Each horizontal row has the same poppy only reversed.
- Cut out the poppies a row at a time and then glue the 2 poppies together.
- Make a tiny hole in the middle of the poppy.
- Slightly curl one end of a black chenille stem.
- Put the "un-curled" end of the chenille stem through the poppy.
- If you want, you can glue a pin back on the poppy or just leave it plain.
That is all there is to making a simple poppy. For more information on how the poppy became a Veterans day symbol, see the following: