This How to Make Gum Wrapper Paper Chains project is suitable for ages 6 to adult.
- Choose and print the clip art that you want to use to make your chain.
- Cut the printed sheets of clip art into 1" x 2 3/4" pieces.
- Fold a piece in half lengthwise it should measure 1/2" X 2 3/4".
- Open up the folded piece and fold each side into the center lengthwise - it is now 1/4" X 2 3/4".
- Fold the strip in half.
- Fold both ends in to the center.
- Make a second unit and slip one into the other and you now have the beginning of your chain.
Continue in this manner until you have your chain the desired length.
You can download the step by step image to use when making your chain.
If you would like more information, the internet has many tutorials and photographs of what you can do with paper chains.