- Step 1 Select the clip art you want to cut strips your strips from and print the files. Then cut several 5 inch long by 1 inch wide triangles out of your chosen paper.(For small beads cut the strips 3 inches long by 1/2 inch wide.) It would be helpful to make a cardboard template the size of the strip you want to cut.
- Step 2 Apply a small amount of glue to the wrong side of the pointy end of the triangle.
- Step 3 Starting at the wide end of the triangle, roll the paper strip into a cylindrical bead shape. Use a wooden skewer, a small dowel, a small straw or some other slender cylinder such as a pen refill to roll the paper triangle on. It is important to make sure the pointy end sticks securely to the rolled bead. If needed, add more glue.
- Step 4 Gently move the bead around on the skewer to make sure it isn't stuck and let the end of the bead dry. If you have a piece of styrofoam you can stick the skewer holding the bead in the styrofoam to dry.
- Step 5 Once the glue is dry, coat the entire bead with clear nail polish, spray varnish, mod podge or any other type of sealant. When your beads are dry, they are ready for you to make a necklace, bracelet, earrings or any other project you have in mind.
I have also created a tutorial page with visual images for you to use.
TIP: Roll the paper triangles tightly to avoid having space between the layers, especially if you want the beads to last.