No one is sure when National Puzzle Day began or who started it but every year on January 29 many get together to celebrate.
Here are a few things you can do to make this day special:
- Try crosswords and arrow words in puzzle books.
- Play traditional board games at home with the family.
- Challenge your friends to complete crosswords in the daily newspapers.
- Get your local newspapers to publish some puzzles and word games.
- Search for jigsaw puzzles in charity and consignment shops.
- Challenge your family to complete at least one 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzles.
- Try a variety of Sudoku, Kakuro and other new types of puzzles.
- Challenge your colleagues at work to complete some puzzles.
- Check with your local library and community websites for puzzles & games.
- Donate some of your solved puzzles and games to schools, hospitals, guest houses, care homes, etc.
Last but not least, spread the word about puzzles. After all they do improve your mind!