A random act of kindness is a selfless act performed by a person or people wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual person or people.
There are events throughout the year to celebrate random acts of kindness:
- Random Acts of Kindness Week - February 11th - 17th, 2013
Consider the following thoughts on kindness if you are having doubts about the justification for these celebrations.
- "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop
- "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Kahlil Gibran
- "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." - Winnie the Pooh
- "Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." - Lao Tzu
- "What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?" - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- "How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world." - William Shakespeare
- "Kindness is ever the begetter of kindness." - Sophocles
- "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
- "That best portion of a good man's life, his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love." - William Wordsworth